Perfect Pleasure

 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 KJV


Faith in God shouldn’t really be tied to pleasure, but it is what it is. High standards of living often dictates spiritual calling and dedication; affluence and luxurious lifestyles influence relationships and family commitments. Faith in God and pleasure in opportunities and privileges are not expected to be interrelated, but it is often the driving force in today’s religious circles. Even for those who have established solid relationships with God, God is still often concerned about the focus of their pleasures, between pleasing God and satisfying personal pleasures. For example, Apostle Paul at the height of his spiritual influences had to be buffeted with infirmities to maintain the balance of focus. “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong”. Taking pleasure in prosperity, opportunities, ownership, and riches is simply poor; perfect pleasure delights in persecution, endurance, reproaches, faith, extinction, calamities, and truth for the promotion of God’s glory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Savour

Righteous Resolution

Spirit Sprinting