Profitable Pleasing
“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.” “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” 1 Corinthians 10:31-33; 11:1 KJV
By ‘even as I please all men in all things’ expression of Apostle Paul, followed by “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ”, it is easy for anyone to understand that profitable pleasing implies pleasing God at all times, by all means and entails the pursuit of the glory of God. Those who must please men in isolation from God are merely motivated by their own personal gains and self-centred promotion; and they are always quick to bend backwards into compromises and all forms of unrighteousness. Whereas, doing all things with God’s glory in view attracts perseverance in persecution, rest in retribution, obedience despite obstacles, faithfulness with fruitfulness, integrity in industry, truthfulness during tribulations, attentiveness in anxiety, boldness against betrayals, long-suffering with love, and exceptionality in exploits. Pleasing God in life and ministry transcends the craving for the favour of men; it is the absolute submission of the heart to the praise and glory of God, at the expense of personal desires.
Comments
Post a Comment